Shakespeare's Enchanting Comedy
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Matt Pfeiffer
JULY 7 - AUGUST 1 | Air Products Open Air Theatre
In their escape from court to an enchanted forest, mismatched lovers encounter mischievous fairies in Shakespeare’s masterfully orchestrated comedy. The trickster Puck trips up the lovers as the king and queen of the fairies mingle with a clownish Athenian craftsman and his band of hapless players, yielding a magical night of moonlit merriment and revelry. Barrymore Award-winning director Matt Pfeiffer returns following critically acclaimed PSF productions of Twelfth Night, As You Like It, and The Taming of the Shrew, hailed as “the region’s most reliable director of William Shakespeare.” The Bard evokes a brilliant world of wonder in this delightful comedy, a midsummer night’s dream come true. Ages 7+
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream will be performed for a socially distanced audience in the outdoor theatre.
- We ask patrons to bring their own lawn chairs.
- GOOD NEWS: masks are no longer required WHEN OUTDOORS at PSF. Please bring a mask in the event you need to enter one of our buildings to use the restrooms as masks are still strictly required in our indoor spaces.
- All live/in-person performances start at 6:30pm.
- Run time is approximately 90 minutes with no intermission.
- Prologues: Join us for insights into the play in an informal setting. Free. Held at the outdoor theatre 45 minutes prior to curtain.
- This production is also available to stream. View Virtual Performance Options.