Much Ado About Nothing
The Linny Fowler WillPower Program is the centerpiece of the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival’s educational programming. Now in its 21st year, WillPower has served more than 208,000 students and has a well-established reputation for excellence.
- A professionally directed 85-minute production of Much Ado About Nothing with set and costumes
- Trained and experienced actor/teachers delivering compelling performances
- A classroom study guide specifically tailored to Much Ado About Nothing
- Additional educational material includes a filmed talkback with the actors and additional interviews with artists.”
2021 WillPower Program FAQs
- What is the WillPower Program?
- The Linny Fowler WillPower Tour is the centerpiece of Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival’s educational programming. WillPower is ordinarily a fully professional touring production with full set, costume and sound designs, supplemented by host venue lighting. The tour includes a post-performance talkback with the actors and workshops that gives students the opportunity to explore the power of language. Over the past 20 years, WillPower has reached more than 200,000 students in PA, NJ, and DE.
- How is WillPower different this year?
- Due to pandemic, the 2021 WillPower Program will be provided virtually. The production was filmed in PSF’s mainstage theatre (keeping true to the live theatre experience) and a link will be emailed to registered schools to watch. Virtual workshops are available upon request and digital educational material related to Shakespeare and the WillPower production can be found on pashakespeare.org.
- How do I register for the 2021 WillPower Program?
- What is the pricing for the 2021 virtual WillPower Program?
- The program is priced at a steep discount this year: $500 for a school to view the production which also includes virtual educational material. Workshops can be included at an additional cost. For homeschool groups, please contact Education Director Anelise Diaz at email@example.com.
- How do I view the WillPower 2021 production?
- Registered schools will be emailed a Vimeo link and passcode to access the production.
- How long will I have access to the production link and educational material?
- Production link and all other educational material will be available for 4 weeks.
- What supplemental educational material are included in the program?
- A filmed talkback and interviews with artists will be available. A digital study guide with classroom activities aligned to PA Common Core Standards will help students explore the characters, plot, and themes before and after viewing the production.
Many of the recent sold-out WilPower Tours were honored to be selected as part of Shakespeare in American Communities. The National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest presents Shakespeare in American Communities. Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival is one of 40 professional theater companies selected to participate in bringing the finest productions of Shakespeare to middle-and high-school students in communities across the United States. To date, Shakespeare in American Communities has supported over 10,000 performances and more than 36,000 related educational activities at schools in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.