The Linny Fowler WillPower Tour is the centerpiece of the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival’s educational programming. Now in its 22nd year, WillPower has served more than 208,000 students and has a well-established reputation for excellence.
- A professionally directed 85-minute production of Hamlet with set and costumes
- Trained and experienced actor/teachers delivering compelling performances
- A classroom study guide specifically tailored to Hamlet
- Includes a talkback with the actors and additional educational resources on an exclusive webpage
2022 WillPower Tour FAQs
- What is the WillPower Tour?
- The Linny Fowler WillPower Tour is the centerpiece of Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival’s educational programming. WillPower is a fully professional touring production with full set, costume and sound designs, supplemented by host venue lighting. The tour includes a post-performance talkback with the actors and workshops that gives students the opportunity to explore the power of language. Over the past 22 years, WillPower has reached more than 210,000 students in PA, NJ, and DE.
- How do I register for the 2022 WillPower Tour?
- What is the pricing for the 2022 WillPower Tour?
- What supplemental educational material are included in the program?
- A digital study guide with classroom activities aligned to PA Common Core Standards will help students explore the characters, plot, and themes before and after the production.
Many of the recent sold-out WillPower Tours were honored to be selected as part of Shakespeare in American Communities. The National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest presents Shakespeare in American Communities. Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival is one of 40 professional theater companies selected to participate in bringing the finest productions of Shakespeare to middle-and high-school students in communities across the United States. To date, Shakespeare in American Communities has supported over 10,000 performances and more than 36,000 related educational activities at schools in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.